Breakfast: Coconut granola and strawberries
Lunch: Pasta bean or French bean salad, Fruit dip with apples, pears, strawberries, pineapple slices, apricots, and watermelon
Dinner: Ravioli casserole or Oven-roasted potatoes, Chayote squash or Chinese cabbage
Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake
- Place 10 egg whites in a large bowl. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup of cornstarch, 1/4 cup of white rice flour, 1/4 cup of tapioca flour, and 1/4 cup of potato starch together twice. Set aside.
- Add 1 1/2 tsp of cream of tartar, 3/4 tsp of salt and 3/4 tsp of vanilla to egg whites. Beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Gently spoon into an ungreased tube pan. Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake on the lowest oven rack for 45-50 minutes. Immediately invert pan; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Run a knife around side and center tube of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. Top with fresh fruit. I recommend balls of cantaloupe, cape gooseberries, and kiwi as it makes the cake look more interesting that your typical berry mix.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine 3 cups of whole-rolled oats, 1/4 cup of chia seeds, 1/2 cup of raw sliced almonds, 1/2 cup of unsalted sunflower seeds, and 1/4 tsp of salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup of coconut oil, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1/4 cup of honey.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry , and mix well so the oat mixture is fully coated.
- Spread mixture in an even, single layer on the prepared baking sheet. (Work in batches or on multiple sheets if necessary!)
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- After removing the granola from the oven, stir in 1/2 cup of coconut flakes. Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
Pasta Bean Salad
Cook a package of tricolor spiral pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place a package of frozen California-blend vegetables in a glass dish. Cover and microwave for 7-8 minutes. Drain. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water.
Drain a can of sliced ripe olives and drain and rinse a can of your favorite beans. Combine pasta, vegetables, olives, and beans in a bowl. Combine 1 1/3 cups of Italian salad dressing and 1/2 tsp of garlic salt. Pour over salt and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Ravioli Casserole I usually double the recipe using a second kind of ravioli for variety throughout the week
Preheat oven to to 350 degrees. Cook and drain a package of cheese ravioli. Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce in an ungreased baking dish. Layer with half of the ravioli, 1 1/4 cups of spaghetti sauce, 1 cup of cottage cheese, and 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
[8-10 cups of cooked ravioli may be used instead]
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Slice 2 lbs of red potatoes into 1/2 inch slices. Combine potatoes, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, and an envelope of dry onion soup mix in a large Ziplock bag. Shake until well coated. Empty bag into an ungreased baking pan.
Cover and bake for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer.
Cinnamon ‘n’ Spice Fruit Dip
Combine 2 cups of whipped topping, 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, and a dash of nutmeg in a small bowl. Store in the fridge. Serve with fresh fruit – apples, pears, pineapple slices, and strawberries are best.
French Bean Salad
Cook and crumble 3 bacon strips. Combine 2 cups of thawed French-style green beans, 2 Tbsp of chopped onion, and bacon in a serving bowl. Stir in 1/4 cup of ranch salad dressing. Refrigerate until serving.
Cottage cheese (16 oz)
Mozzarella cheese (16 oz)
5 cape gooseberries
3 chayote squash
2 pkgs of strawberries
2 lbs red potatoes
Frozen French-style green beans
Pkg of frozen cheese ravioli and pkg your favorite frozen ravioli other than cheese (28 oz ea)
Pkg of frozen California-blend vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots)
Can of sliced ripe olives (2 oz)
Can of your favorite kind of beans
Can of whole kernel corn (15 oz)
Can of condensed cream of chicken soup (11 oz)
Ranch salad dressing
Spaghetti sauce (28 oz)
Dry onion soup mix
Pkg of tricolor spiral pasta
[Also needed: brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, vegetable oil, Italian salad dressing, garlic salt, salt, maple syrup, honey, coconut flakes, vanilla extract]