Breakfast: Vanilla Chai Almond Smoothie
Lunch: Leftovers + kiwi
Dinner: Duck with Cherry Sauce, Turkey Tenderloin Supreme, or Sunday Chicken and Stuffing, rice, radishes and bell peppers
Dessert: Chocolate Hazelnut Pie
Duck with Cherry Sauce
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prick the skin of a 4-5 lb domestic duckling with a fork and place, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Tie the drumsticks together. Bake, uncovered, for 2 hours. Drain fat from the pan as it accumulates. Cover. Let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
Meanwhile, for sauce, combine a jar of cherry preserves and 2 Tbsp of red wine vinegar in a small pot. Cook and stir over medium heat. Serve with duck. Garnish plate and serve with bing cherries, starfruit, and kale with a squeeze of lime.
Chocolate Hazelnut Blender Pie
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Roast 1 cup of hazelnuts for 8 minutes until fragrant. Be sure not to burn them.
- Set aside to cool. Turn oven down to 300 degrees. When cool, roll off the skins [see tip].
- Throw 3/4 cup of coconut flour, 3/4 cup of cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 eggs, 2 cups of hemp or soy milk, 1/2 cup (or 1 stick) of melted vegan margarine, 3/4 cup of agave nectar, 2 tsp of natural vanilla extract, and a pinch of Celtic sea salt in a blender and mix on high until smooth and creamy. The mixture will be very thick. Taste the batter if you feel comfortable. Add up to 1/4 cup more of cacao/cocoa powder and/or agave nectar to taste if needed. If you aren’t comfortable tasting it raw, that’s fine, but make a note on your recipe for next time!
- Grease a 9″ pie plate and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for about 40-60 minutes. Cool (the pie will continue to set, so try not to disturb it too much). When cooled completely, chill in the fridge.
- Serve with dollops of vegan cream, berries and/or shredded coconut.
Vanilla Chai Almond Smoothie
Soak 5 pitted dates in lukewarm water at least one hour before you plan to have the smoothie.
Put dates in a blender or food processor. Add 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk, 2 tsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1/2 tsp of cardamom, and 1/8 tsp of vanilla extract. Blend until smooth and enjoy! Makes enough for one large smoothie or two smaller ones.
Turkey Tenderloin Supreme
Brown 6 turkey breast tenderloin slices in 1 Tbsp of butter in a large skillet. Add 3 thinly sliced green onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Combine a can of cream of chicken soup and 1/4 cup of water. Pour over turkey. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Serve over rice.
Sunday Chicken and Stuffing
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare a package of instant chicken stuffing according to package directions. Spoon down the center of a greased baking dish. Place 6 chicken breasts around stuffing. Combine a can of cream of chicken soup, 1/3 cup of milk, and 1 Tbsp of parsley. Pour over chicken.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes.
Hemp or soy milk
Vegan margarine – 1 stick (like Earth Balance)
Eggs (preferably organic)
3 bell peppers
4-5 lb domestic duckling
6 turkey breast tenderloin slices (4 oz ea)
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
2 cans of condensed cream of chicken soup (11 oz ea)
2 cans of sliced pineapple (20 oz ea)
Jar of cherry preserves (12 oz)
Red wine vinegar
Natural vanilla extract
Pkg of instant stuffing mix (6 oz)
Dried parsley flakes
Celtic sea salt
[Also needed: milk, butter, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cardamom, vanilla, agave nectar]