- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine 1 1/2 Tbsp pf minced garlic, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of pepper, and 1/2 tsp of dried rubbed sage in a small bowl. Remove and discard giblets and neck from chicken. Starting at neck cavity, loosen skin from breast and drumsticks by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Lift wing tips up and over back; tuck under chicken. Rub garlic mixture under loosened skin. Place chicken, breast side up, on rack of a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Place rack in broiler pan.
- Cut 12 oz of red potatoes into wedges. Cube and peel 8 oz of butternut squash – should end up with 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine potatoes, squash, butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Arrange vegetable mixture around chicken. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until a thermometer inserted into meaty part of thigh registers 165°. Let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook 1 lb of ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Drain. Add a can of sloppy joe sauce and a can of cream of potato soup. Place a package of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes in a greased baking dish. Top with beef mixture.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover. Bake 10 minutes longer. Sprinkle with cheese.
Super Duper Healthy Breakfast Cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a bowl mix 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/4 cup of almond meal, 2 Tbsp of chia seeds, 1 cup of coconut flakes, 1/2 cup of chopped mixed nuts, 1 cup of mixed dried fruit, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp of allspice. In a separate bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork until it’s all gooey. Add 1/2 cup of applesauce and 1 tsp of vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ones, and mix until is well incorporated. If the mixture seems too dry, just add more applesauce. Place heaping tablespoon-fulls onto a cookie sheet, mold into rounds, and press down slightly. Bake for 20 minutes.
Butter or Earth Balance
Low-fat cottage cheese
12 flour tortillas (6-7″)
2 bunches of bananas
12 oz red potatoes
1 lb ground beef
3.5 lb roasting chicken
Pkg of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes (32 oz)
Can of sloppy joe sauce (15.5 oz)
Can of condensed cream of potato soup (11 oz)
Spicy brown mustard
Dried rubbed sage
[Also needed: cheddar cheese, rolled oats, almond meal, chia seeds, coconut flakes, mixed nuts (pecans), mixed dried fruit (raisins/blueberries), salt, cinnamon, allspice, vanilla extract, flour, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, cooking spray, butter]