Breakfast: Mocha, Doughnut and Raspberries
Lunch: Chicken salad or sandwich or croissant, Pomegranate, Apple snack
Dinner: Pizza, Avocado or Broccoflower, Pineapple cooler
Apple Snack Low Cal!
Peel, core, and slice 4 Golden Delicious apples into rounds. Arrange apples in two rows in an ungreased glass baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup of apple juice over apples. Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1 Tbsp of grated lemon peel. Cover and microwave for 7 minutes, turning after 3 1/2 minutes.
Garbanzo Bean Chocolate Cake Gluten-Free!
- 1 1/2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (19 oz)
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1 Tbsp of confectioners sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Place the chocolate chips in a glass bowl. Cook in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring every 20 seconds after the first minute.
- Drain the can of garbanzo beans. Combine beans and eggs in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Add the sugar and the baking powder, and pulse to blend. Pour in the melted chocolate and blend until smooth, scraping down the corner to make sure chocolate is completely mixed. Transfer the batter to the prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter. Dust with confectioners’ sugar just before serving.
Apple Cider Doughnuts Vegan variation in brackets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rub a doughnut pan with butter (or brush with oil or use non-stick spray).
- Add flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, ½ teaspoon cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Whisk together apple cider and egg in another bowl. Add milk, canola oil, vanilla extract, and white vinegar and whisk to combine.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and gently mix until just combined (don’t overmix!).
- Evenly distribute in doughnut pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Whisk together 2 tablespoons sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. When doughnuts are safe to touch, but while they’re still warm, dip each side into the cinnamon-sugar mixture, pressing and twisting to get good coverage. Serve and enjoy!
Chicken Salad Two variations in one recipe
Cook and shred 8 chicken breasts. Hard boil 2 eggs. Peel and mash the eggs with a fork in a bowl. Add the shredded chicken, 1 1/2 cups of mayonnaise, and 2 Tbsp of sweet pickle relish. Salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Salad: Place 1 cup of chicken salad on top of a bed of lettuce. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of chopped pecans.
Sandwich: Place 1 cup of chicken salad on a slice of bread and top with another slice. Salt and pepper. Sprinkle with 2 Tbsp of chopped pecans.
Croissants: Spice things up by making a sandwich out of a croissant and 1 cup of chicken salad.
No-Fuss Crust Pizza
Recipe yields one pizza, but shopping list included enough ingredients for two. Feel free to experiment with toppings!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook 1 lb of ground beef over medium heat in a skillet. Drain. Stir in 1 can of pizza sauce. Dismantle 2 tubes of buttermilk biscuits. Quarter the biscuits. Place in a greased baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes. Chop and diced a tomato and a green pepper, slice 3 mushrooms, and drain a can of black olives. Sprinkle vegetables on top of pan along with 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Combine 1 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice, 2 Tbsp of lemon juice, and 1 can of lemon-lime soda in a pitcher. Stir well. Serve over ice.
Brew 1 cup of coffee. Combine the coffee, 2 Tbsp of half-and-half cream, 1 Tbsp of chocolate syrup, and 1 tsp of sugar in a pot. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is heated through. Ladle into a large mug. Stir with a cinnamon stick. Give it a quick taste and add 1/8 – 1/4 tsp more sugar if you like it sweeter. Top with whipped cream.
Mozzarella cheese (12 oz)
Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
Whipped cream in a can
4 tubes of refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (12 oz each)
Lettuce or mixed greens
4 Golden Delicious apples
3 lbs ground beef
12 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 cans of pizza sauce (15 oz each)
Can of black olives
Can of garbanzo beans (19 oz)
12 oz can of lemon-lime soda (Sprite or 7Up)
[Also needed: sugar, coffee, half-and-half cream, mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon]