Bisquik (or other brand of biscuit/baking mix)
Old/sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Shred 2 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese.
- Combine 3 1/2 cups of biscuit mix and cheese in a large bowl. Beat 2 eggs and 1 1/4 cups of milk. Stir into cheese mixture just until moistened. Don’t over mix. Pour into either one loaf pan or four mini loaf pans that have been greased and floured.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Slice and serve warm.
Tube of refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Take butter out of the fridge to soften.
- Grate the orange peel. Set aside 1 tsp of zest.
- Open tube of crescent rolls. Do not unroll. Place on a greased baking sheet, forming one long roll. Cut into 12 slices to within 1/8″ of bottom, being careful not to cut all the way through. Fold down alternating slices from left to right to form a loaf. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Combine 2 Tbsp of butter, 2 Tbsp of honey, and 1 tsp of grated orange peel. Brush over the loaf. Serve warm.